Friday, April 2, 2010

The Personal Touch

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned my husband and his buddies would be watching NCAA basketball here at our house. Friday night is pizza night and the guys decided to order from a local pizza place, mostly because there was a buy 1 pizza, get 1 free special going on. I had taken the kids to a friend's house for a play date so I didn't get to experience the pizza, but I did get to interact with the pizza shop owner a few days later. I work from home most days and was surprised, to say the least, when the name of the pizza place came up on our caller ID. I was even more surprised after the call. You see, the owner of the pizza restaurant saw from his records that we were new customers and just wanted to call and see how we liked our pizza and if we were happy with the service they provided. The whole call took 30 seconds, but let me tell you, it left a very lasting impression! As a customer, I sincerely appreciate the owner/manager calling me to thank me for my business. There is a lesson in here for all of us, personally and in business; in this age of technology and social media the personal touch still matters - a lot!!

The personal touch is the reason Bob and Mary decided 25+ years ago to staff their Super Wash car washes. We are always striving to make a positive difference, and we greatly appreciate the efforts of our 700+ Super Wash managers and attendants who help us offer the personal touch.

For those celebrating Easter this weekend, enjoy the holiday!! For all, enjoy the first weekend of April - it's hard to believe it is here already!

Until next time, be SUPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment